Follow this blog:)

Healing Art Photography and Fine Art Gifts

I believe in the healing power of nature. If we take a moment to immerse ourselves in an image of nature we will feel rejuvenated, renewed and revived. Studies have shown that what we look at not just affects our mood, but also how we relate to others and our attention to detail. So if your feeling stressed, run down or just deserve a break, look at the images under "Healing Art" and immerse yourself in them.
My new line of photo gifts enables you to have Healing Art with you wherever you go and also to give as gifts to those who may not be into wall art.

The photogifts include watches, clocks, clothing, hip flasks,keyrings, usb sticks, phone covers, ipad covers,kindle covers, cushions, cards, stickers and so much more. Click on the tab that says Photo Gifts to see them all.

I send out an e-newsletter to anyone who wants one, including a free monthly image to use as a screensaver or desktop image to help in your healing and to lower your overall stress levels. I also let you know what I am up to and include any specials or coupons. To subscribe please send me an email at jules@juliaharwood.com with "Subscribe" in the subject line.



Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Treated Badly

How do we handle it when people or organizations treat us badly?

I recently had a case where I had joined a greeting card company when they were just starting out. I supported them, I advertised for them, I introduced other artists to them and then when I was not putting up lots of new work as I was unwell they "deactivated" my shop and then informed me after the fact.

I was upset, more at the way they treated me. I know that when one door closes another opens & I have already been invited to start up a shop with another company and I now sell my cards through my local art gallery and make a lot more than I did through the previous company, but it would be nice to have been treated right.

I have sent them an email, explaining how I felt, but what else can we do in situations like this?

I find my internal talk is the answer. My first instinct was to feel rejected and undervalued, but then I stopped my thoughts and said, to myself, they have actually done me a favor I am now free to pursue other areas. I felt a misplaced loyalty to them & that has now been removed so I can move on.

Many people buy my cards and my art and just yesterday I had a stranger tell me how awesome my work was and how blessed they were at being able to own it. It is these comments I will now focus on and move forward with no regrets.

When one door closes another always opens.

So if you are looking for cards, please go to Greeting cards by Julia K Harwood for a selection of cards, but also any of my images are available as cards, just go to my redbublle gallery, click on the image and choose greeting cards:))

No comments: