Follow this blog:)

Healing Art Photography and Fine Art Gifts

I believe in the healing power of nature. If we take a moment to immerse ourselves in an image of nature we will feel rejuvenated, renewed and revived. Studies have shown that what we look at not just affects our mood, but also how we relate to others and our attention to detail. So if your feeling stressed, run down or just deserve a break, look at the images under "Healing Art" and immerse yourself in them.
My new line of photo gifts enables you to have Healing Art with you wherever you go and also to give as gifts to those who may not be into wall art.

The photogifts include watches, clocks, clothing, hip flasks,keyrings, usb sticks, phone covers, ipad covers,kindle covers, cushions, cards, stickers and so much more. Click on the tab that says Photo Gifts to see them all.

I send out an e-newsletter to anyone who wants one, including a free monthly image to use as a screensaver or desktop image to help in your healing and to lower your overall stress levels. I also let you know what I am up to and include any specials or coupons. To subscribe please send me an email at jules@juliaharwood.com with "Subscribe" in the subject line.



Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What's your word?

I am currently reading "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert and I found a particular passage got me thinking. In it her Italian friend says we each have a word that describes who we are in our life at the moment.
Let me start with an excerpt from the book.
"Don't you know that the secret to understanding a city and its people is to learn - what is the word of the street." If you could read people's thoughts as they were passing you on the streets of any given place, you would discover that most of them are thinking the same thought. Whatever the majority thought might be - that is the word of the city. And if your personal word doesn't match that of the city, then you really don't belong there.
It went on to say Rome's word is "Sex", The Vatican's word is "Power", New York's "achieve", Los Angeles is "Succeed"
So what is your word?

My family's word, I think, was "Conform", my word was "Unconformity" naturally this lead to some friction:)
Now my word is "Love", for many years it was "Acceptance" but now I feel it is Love.
Love as in Christ's love, a love that accepts, has mercy, is caring and healing, all these things are what my life is about now.
So I ask you to think again, What is your word? Is your word the same as those around you? Is your word what you want it to be?
We are all on a journey so our words will change over time, but it's good to stop and think about where we are and where we want to be to check that we are on the right track.
I hope all of you find your word and find a place that's word is the same!

No comments: